Quake 4 Editor Changelist
The following changes have occured in Radiant during Quake 4's development:
- Entity regrouping: You may now create groups or brush entities from existing entities. This was intended to allow creation of new func_groups to override existing func_groups, but can work on any brush-based entity.
- Capping bevels, end caps, and cylinders results in a func_group instead of a func_static.
- Lights now default to 320 unit radii to play nice with the grid.
- Lights can now be scaled via dragging like brushes.
- Added entity find/replace field window (Ctrl+F3). Can be used to replace keyvalues, find one entity or all entities with a specific keyvalue, etc.
- Invert selection now ignores hidden/filtered brushes.
- Spline paths will no longer clip when the spline origin falls outside the grid window and the spline is not selected.
- Entities using the “bind” key now show a thick dotted line path to their bind master.
- Cloning an entity and its bind master will update the “bind” key accordingly.
- Cloning an entity and its target(s) will update to point at each other correctly.
- Entity names (when cloned) increment based on existing names, not classname (e.g. myEntity_1 clones to myEntity_2, myEntity_3, etc).
- AAS Solid texture now sorts with clip brush filter (ctrl+L)
- Sped up Skin Browser load times.
- Skin browser will now revert to the last skin selected.
- Fixes to bounding box selection
- Added “Paste to Camera” option when creating a new map with selected objects. Using “Paste Special” will paste the clipboard selection relative to camera position. This can also be done within a single map using the “Copy Special” and “Paste Special” menu items.
- Fixed crash bug related to selecting points shared by multiple brushes (most commonly seen when trying to drag edges at brush intersections)
- Fixed issue where selected edges would occasionally freak out and extend to infinity.
- Fixed lights being created with origins offset from the current grid size (e.g. light showing up on the 4 grid when placed on the 8 grid).
- Light centers can now be selected and dragged without deselecting the light first.
- Fix for invert selection not working properly.
- Changing model files on an entity will now display immediately and no longer require reloading the map or cloning the entity.
- MD5s no longer clip in non-rendered 2D and 3D views when the origin is out of view.
- Env_* MD5s can now be selected by clicking anywhere on the model instead of a small box around the origin.
- Fixed low memory warning that would sometimes appear even when RAM was in plentiful supply.
- Shift+Tab now works correctly when cycling between dialog items.
- Target_nulls and other targeted entities should break focus correctly now.
- Skins in skin browser will show actual mesh and skin rather than the default cube o’ death.
Added “setViewPos.” Set your camera to a given position and direction. (Misc --> setViewPos)
- Patch meshes in vertex mode can now be set to display lines connecting the vertices (defaults on).
- Added “GTK Deselect Face” option. When active, selecting a face on a selected brush deselects the face, leaving all others selected (defaults off).
- Added customizable settings for surface inspector (rotation, alignment, and scaling increments).
- Adding or modifying keyvalues to entities will no longer snap the scroll position back to the top (you can see your change immediately without scrolling back down).
- Sound shader paths (s_shader, snd_*, etc) are now accompanied by a “P” button in the Entity window. Click this to play the sound.
- Disabled “Particle” button, as Q4 now uses only .fx files.
Right Click Menu:
- Added “Set Origin” to right click menu. Snaps brush entity origin to the nearest intersection of gridlines to the cursor within the selected 2d view.
- Added “Flip X/Y” checkbox (inverts horizontal and vertical subdivisions on patch faces).
- Surface inspector now reads subdivision values from patches when selected
- Texture Fit Width/Height can use floating point increments and updates camera and real-time rendered views. (Default increments can be set in preferences window)
- Removed dead space on surface inspector window (cosmetic change)
- Added ‘Detail Level’ setting to lights. See Performance documentation for more information.
- Added “Cast Dynamic Shadows.” Was intended for use in having lights only cast proc-baked shadows, but functionality was removed.
- Ctrl+Shift+R: 90 degree rotation, grid axis dependent (rotates in Z axis in XY grid, X axis in YZ grid, and Y axis in XZ grid).
- Ctrl+Shift+T: Show/hide Triggers
- Ctrl+Shift+N: Show/hide Entities
- Shift+V: Show/hide Vis Portals
- Ctrl+Alt+M: Show/hide Models (lwo, ase, md5, etc).
- Ctrl+Alt+T: Select Complete Tall
- Ctrl+Shift+G: Create func_group
- Ctrl+Alt+P: Show/hide Paths (entity target/bind lines)
- Ctrl+Shift+B: Bind entities (attaches entity 1 to entity 2 via the “bind” key).
- Added Auto-Label system to the file menu. This is generally only useful in cases where multiple users will modify a single map (mod teams), but could be used for other personal uses.
File --> Auto Labels --> Set Global Auto-Label: Sets the active label for all operations on the map. All newly created and modified entities will add this label to the “autoLabel” key for future use.
File --> Auto Labels --> Clear Global Auto-Label: Clears the active label for map changes. This will stop adding the “autoLabel” key, but will not remove existing keys.
File --> Auto Labels --> Input only <input-label> ents from .MAP: Load all entities from a given file of the auto label you specify. Will prompt with a text box to specify the label and a file browser to specify the file.
File --> Auto Labels --> Delete <input-label> fields from all ents: Remove all “autoLabel” keys from entities in the map. Useful if you’re making new changes under a previously used label, or if you just get annoyed with excess keyvalues after merging changes.
File --> Auto Labels --> Delete all ents with <input-label> field: Find and delete all entities found with the specified label. Take that, random person who made changes!
- DMap can now be aborted prior to AAS generation. Press and hold both Shift keys until the compile stops.