The Size tab is used to scale particles over their lifetime, set min/max size ranges and envelopes to use when scaling.
Start – Width
- The min/max width range a particle should spawn in as.
Start – Height
- The min/max height range a particle should spawn in as.
End – Width
- The min/max width range a particle should end its life at.
End – Height
- The min/max height range a particle should end it’s life at.
- When checked, this setting links the width and height of a sprite so that within the min/max range, the width and height is the same within the particle. Use this to keep your sprites square. Without this setting and a min/max range of 1 - 5 for width and height, a sprite could potentially spawn with a width of 2 and a height of 5.
The table envelope to apply over a particles lifetime. Offset will move the table start position, default value is 0.0 Normal range is 0.0 to 1.0. The rate field is how many times the Envelope will take effect over the particles lifetime. The default value is 1.0, meaning that the envelope will last exactly as long as the particle. To repeat a table over a particle’s lifetime, set this value higher. To only use part of the table, set this value lower. Please see Notes about Envelopes/Tables for more detailed information.